The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® formally recognizes your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques. It will make you shine even brighter to your employers, stakeholders and peers.
The PMI-ACP® is one of the fastest growing certifications, and it’s no wonder. Organizations that are highly agile and responsive to market dynamics complete more of their projects successfully than their slower-moving counterparts — 75 percent versus 56 percent — as shown in our 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report.
The PMI-ACP is the fastest growing certification from the Project Management Institute. In its first year alone, it has overtaken the Risk, Scheduling, and Program Management certifications. It has also become the gold standard for agile competence a seen by the employers. There are many reasons why people aim to be recognized as PMI-ACP, including the following:
- High Demand: There is a high demand for agile in the past couple of years, and a certification allows employers to determine whether a project manager is knowledgeable on agile principles, techniques, and tools. The PMI developed the certification for project managers who are utilizing agile practices in their projects or for PMs who belong to organizations that adopt Agile methods to project management.
- Coverage: Like other Agile certifications, PMI-ACP is not limited to a single method. Rather, it covers a broad range of agile methods (Scrum, Kanban, XP, FDD, Crystal, DSDM, etc.)
- Higher Compensation: It is a given fact that people with better skills earn more than those with average. In the same way, if you have more certifications, including PMI-ACP, you also have the right to demand a higher salary. Therefore, if you want to be more financially stable in your career, obtaining such certification may prove to be necessary.
- Professional Growth: In most instances, PMI-ACP is not just all about the possible monetary increase from your work. The certification program will help you to learn more about various Agile methods, and you do not need to be worried about the obsolescence of what you now. Through their certification maintenance program, you can stay updated in spite of the changes introduced in your line of work.
- Job Opportunities: Having this certification will also make you a more bankable employee. In fact, employers may even be chasing you because you are highly qualified in the field of project management and other related fields. It can open up opportunities for your career advancement.
Given the benefits that have been mentioned above, there is no wonder why many people are interested in having PMI-ACP certification.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings